Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Life's Lessons

This evening I was reflecting about the past. I thought about the people that I have met along the way that have helped me in my journey. I think that as we travel life's bumpy road we have the opportunity to learn unexpected things. At the time we might not recognize the lesson, but with time, clarity and maturity these experiences make us the adults we become.
I am fortunate as a teacher to have my students and co workers teach me things every day. Last week a young boy shared that his grandpa was dying. This weekend a student was taken unconscious to the hospital due to a drug overdose. A fellow teacher was diagnosed with cancer. My small aches and pains are nothing compared to the suffering of others. Life is precious. I have very little to complain about. I have much to be thankful for.

No comments:

Post a Comment