Thursday, December 25, 2008

One day at a time

Sometimes it seems that there is so much out there in this world- to be excited about, to be dismayed about, to learn, to share, to give...that it becomes difficult to know what to spend ones time on. Obviously that is why a person needs priorities. I find that as I learn more I want to share more. As I become more aware of what is going on around me and in the world at large I want 10 of me walking around helping others. If I could magically have 48 hours in a day or be in more than one place at a time I think that these super powers would not be enough. This is not a reason to be cynical or stop thinking that we can make a positive difference in the lives of others. All of us can, in small ways. It is easy to forget this and become overwhelmed with the problems one chooses to see.
If I could take home and mother the children that need a stable environment, give zillions of dollars to cure the world of the ills that plague it- I would. I am not in a position to do either. We can all still have a positive impact on others- sharing and caring and doing what we can to help our fellow man. Life is to be lived one day at a time, as good as one can. That is all that one can expect of oneself.

No comments:

Post a Comment