Friday, January 15, 2010

sectional- long story

About 10 years ago I bought a matching couch and love seat. Immediately the cushions on the couch flattened out. The store replaced the foam. This was done twice in the same year and then we just lived with flat cushions. My dear husband sleeps on the couch more than he sleeps in our bed ;) and as such it was decided that the next couch we would buy he would pick out. It had to have cushions that would stand up to someone sleeping on them. I sent him out to look. He found 3 that he was considering. The two of us met tonight and walked around the store. I thought that one of the three couches would be ok but then I saw this sectional which is photographed above. I had found our couch. I did not think I would EVER spend this much money on a piece of furniture but I talked myself into it. It was on sale and we had an invitation to a special customer discount...but still it's ridiculously expensive.
Our home is small-the living room is somewhat narrow...so a sectional was not something my husband had considered. Most sectionals are L shaped or have a chaise on one side. They are too big for our space. We had taken measurements of the house the night before. We sat and lay down on the sectional, measured it and decided that it was really the right choice for our living room. We could not take the floor model so we ordered it and in 4 weeks it will be ready for pick up. After breaking the bank I wanted to photograph it for this blog. We walked over to it and this nice family was sitting on it. I could not ask them to move off. It would have been rude. They had walked the whole store(miles it seems) and were about to walk out when they spotted ours right by the front doors. We talked about the the store, the millions of choices, about my blog and then I asked if I could take their picture. They were happy to oblige. So long story short- we will soon have a new couch.

No comments:

Post a Comment