Saturday, August 11, 2012

Long run


I am rested and ready for a long run that I am motivated to go and do in just an hour or so. I have slept in, rested and fueled. How far you might ask? I am running 15 miles this morning. I had a half marathon (13.1 miles) on July 28th and ran that in 2 hours 13 minutes. I expect to be gone for awhile (at least 2 1/2 hours). Today I am running by myself. In the past my husband has rode his bike in front or behind me as I run. He works this morning. I got started running by myself and got hooked after my first race which was a social experience and one in which I felt support from a running community. Depending on the race you decide to run in, it can be a crowd or just a few people that are around you. I read blogs and am an active participant in social networking sites that support physical health and running.


Running has for me become a way in which I feel strong and healthy. If you are happy, sad, angry, frustrated, worried...running is a great way to think on things. Oh, and equally important- running burns enough calories so I can enjoy chocolate without any guilt whatsoever!

No comments:

Post a Comment