Monday, December 31, 2012

It's personal

As I look back at this last year I know that 2012 must come to an end. I have had so much success with my running which I feel amazing about. I ran 7 races which included 2 half marathons and a full marathon. I ran a total of 1322 miles! I overdid the training just a bit but was able to recover and rest and was not injured. I have learned an awful lot this year about running, taking care of myself and training for a marathon. I am really glad for the support of my husband. He has rode his bike beside me on my long runs and just in general been concerned about my well being.
Teaching has gone well this year. I have felt like I have been supporting the classroom teacher in the curriculum that the school district has adopted. I have had a reasonable schedule, and for the first time starting this past September I am spending 4 days in one school and just one day at the other school. It makes for a much easier work week. I don't know whether next year that will stay the same or not since 2 classes will be moving to the larger building. I won't worry about it seeing as it is out of my control. Once the summer was over, I had a hard time adjusting to the work schedule again. I felt like teaching got in the way of my running which was strange. It took some time to adjust to running after school and dinner again.
My husband and I took an incredible trip this past summer to Guatemala for 10 days. It was a tour trip through Caravan.com I would highly recommend this tour company and specifically the two trips that I have done through them- Costa Rica was fabulous! I am going again this summer with my husband.
I had some setbacks this year but nothing that I could not move forward from. I have lots more things to learn and hope to continue this next year in gaining physical strength and endurance. Running makes me feel strong physically and mentally so of course I will keep it up. I have already signed up for a few races. My second marathon is in 3 weeks and I will run in the Point Bock race. My daughter and I are going to do the Color Run together in July. My journey to health is continuing. I want to keep discovering new things. I will find new books and blogs to read. I have not been particularly crafty this year but I really like creating things. I miss it. Perhaps I will learn how to knit this this year. I take great pride in having and keeping a nice home. The flower and vegetable gardens will continue to thrive with the care and attention that I will give them.
To all of us this year... Peace, health, happiness and to making dreams into reality!

No comments:

Post a Comment